Equipe de recherche : Théorie des cordes
Thèse : "Correspondance holographique en espace plat et anti-de-Sitter, trous noirs et applications"
Directeur de thèse : Marios Petropoulos
Thématiques de recherche :
Holographic correspondence among gravitational and gauge interactions is a timely subject between string and field theory. Its practical implementation requires the determination of gravitational backgrounds solving Einstein’s equations with negative cosmological constant and possessing black-hole properties (horizons). The holographic interpretation of these backgrounds provides a large palette of systems at finite temperature and finite chemical potential, as e.g. quark-gluon plasmas, superfluids, superconductors and many others, relevant for condensed matter.
- General black holes in various dimensions, thermodynamic properties, phase diagrams;
- Holographic methods and holographic interpretation;
- Flat-space holography and its specific geometric tools;
- Bulk gravitational four-dimensional duality and its boundary manifestations;
- Higher-dimensional bulk properties (Spin7 and G2 holonomy);
- Determination of transport coefficients in emergent neutral fluids (e.g. Hall viscosity for the behaviour of rotating superfluids);
- Charged fluid and their holographic ascendants;
String-theory (or supergravity) embedding of the above bulk backgrounds is a complementary orientation, together with the study of 11-dimensional supergravity solutions and of their holographic duals.
|Adresse||CPHT, Ecole Polytechnique, 91128 Palaiseau cedex, France|
|Tél.||01 69 33 49 34|
|Fax||01 69 33 49 49|
|Bureau||Aile zéro, pièce 1027|